All orders placed by Algo rejected

Reason given: Response for Rejection
EXCH:Difference between limit price and trigger price is beyond permissible range

order_response = dhan.place_order(
security_id=str(sec_id),
exchange_segment=dhan.NSE,
transaction_type=dhan.BUY,
quantity=Qty,
order_type=dhan.SL,
product_type=dhan.CNC,
price=BuyPrice,
trigger_price=StopLoss,
disclosed_quantity=0,
validity=“DAY”,
after_market_order=True,
amo_time=“OPEN”,
)

Orders:

Hello @supertrader

Can you tell me the difference that you have kept between limit price and trigger price? This error appears when the difference between the two is too large, and the order is rejected by the exchange.

Yes the price difference is large, I want the order to have a stop when it is triggered.

I’m I using correct order type? What type is correct one?

@supertrader

Understood. The order type is correct, however, there is range defined by the exchange on the gap between trigger price and limit price. If it is beyond the permissible range, then the order is rejected.

What is the range defined by exchange in price terms?

one of the order has below as entry and stop prices
StockName = WELENT
Buy Price = 509.9
StopLoss = 473.7

Hello @supertrader

Over here, trigger price should be within 3% of the limit price.

Trigger price is stop price. Is my understanding correct? What should I do? Place a sell side order for a stock once it is TRADED? What’s your advice?

@supertrader

Over here, when you are using trigger price, it essentially creates a trigger order, which becomes active when the trigger price is reached and executed at the limit price.

What you are trying to do is place an order along with stop loss order, for that you can use Cover Order. Over there, your parameters remain the same i.e. price for main order price and trigger_price for stop loss price. Just the order_type needs to be dhan.CO.

Cover order can be used for CNC?

@supertrader

Missed CNC as product type. No, Cover Order will only work for Intraday.