Guess this once listed company on the stock exchanges!

1 Like

@Confucius Amul was never listed!

Is it Mohan Meakin company?

1 Like

Probably it is Kingfisher Airlines

United Breweries Limited (UBL)

It should be HUL I think

@shraddha,

Eager to learn about the company which justifies the below statement in the question along with the other facts,

They had their fan clubs across age groups

Ranbaxy Laboratories Limited

@shraddha

Is it Ranbaxy Laboratories Limited ?

It could be Cadbury India

Based on my understanding either it will be Pharm related company or Brewery. Considering soctland being the famous for the scotch whiskey , Punjab being wheat bowl of India and Solan, Himachal Pradesh know for it brewery , which is celebrated as one of the oldest breweries in asia. Hence i concluded “Kasauli Brewery and Distillery or Mohan Meakin”

1 Like

Was it Cadbury India ?

@shraddha On a lighter note, I already gave up even before reading the thread. I think you might want to disclose the answer, now that everyone’s done. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

The company you’re referring to appears to be Mohan Meakin Limited . This company has historical ties to Scotland through its origins in the British Raj, with its breweries in Solan (Himachal Pradesh) and has a significant presence in Punjab. It’s known for products that have had fan clubs across different age groups. [Mohan Meakin was delisted from the stock exchange and there were plans to relist, but it seems those plans did not materialize]

1 Like

@Sushant @ravishahane @amit @Champion_Trader @Vishaln1 @Aadi guessed it right! Please check your DMs for a surprise!

The company is Mohan Meakin.

Here goes the story:

In 1855, Edward Abraham Dyer, a Scottish entrepreneur and father of Colonel Edward Harry Dyer, infamous for the Jallianwala Bagh massacre, established a brewery in Kasauli, Himachal Pradesh, to meet the British demand for economical beer. Over time, this brewery transformed into a distillery known as Mohan Meakin.

In the 1960s, Ved Rattan Mohan, former managing director of Mohan Meakin, introduced Old Monk rum to India. The rum was named in tribute to Gumnami Baba, an elderly monk mistakenly believed to be Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in disguise.

Old Monk rapidly gained popularity, becoming one of the world’s leading dark rums and a top-selling Indian-Made Foreign Liquor (IMFL) brand in the country. Its affordability contributed significantly to its success. At its peak, Old Monk dominated the rum market, selling approximately eight million bottles annually. However, its market share has declined from 15% in 2004 to around 4% in 2019.

It was listed on Delhi and Calcutta stock exchanges and had plans to list on NSE eventually.

Interestingly, Old Monk stands alone as the sole alcoholic brand boasting a dedicated fan club, affectionately known as COMRADES — the Council of Old Monk Rum Addicted Drinkers and Eccentrics.

Here is the complete narration of the history of Mohan Meakin - https://youtu.be/WpqJrM6jq0s?si=WrUaNHQkL31-FF_V

4 Likes

Eicher motors limited…

Eicher motors limited

Guess this once listed company on the stock exchanges! - #36 by shraddha correct answer here

1 Like

Cadbury India pvt Ltd

Right answer is this - Guess this once listed company on the stock exchanges! - #36 by shraddha

1 Like