100% Proceeds of Sale: Now available for trading on the same day!

Dear Users,

As you must already be aware, the latest NSE circular on Margin Collection & Reporting, permits users to use 100% of the total sale proceeds of free holdings (earlier 80%) for further trades on the same day. We are pleased to inform you that this will come into effect on Dhan starting 15th Oct, 2024.

Let’s understand with an example:

You sold shares worth Rs 1,00,000 today. In the current scenario, you can use only 80% of that value, i.e, Rs 80,000 for further trades. However , the latest regulations allow the entire Early Payin (EPI) value of sold securities without reduction of 20% upfront margin to be available as margin for positions across all segments. Essentially this means that you can use the entire Rs 1,00,000 in the above example to take further positions in the market.

Please take note of this and accordingly take positions.

Thanks,
Pranita
Product @ Dhan

4 Likes

Hi @Pranita

Glad to hear this is now available on Dhan.

I wanted to check and confirm that does this work for BTST trades as well and there is no discrimination of types of delivery trades.

@PravinJ Can we adjust now the forever order to place the same day instead waiting for next day untill delivery.

3 Likes

Hey @mnikhil ,

No, this is not applicable on BTST trades, only on free holdings.

Thanks,
Pranita
Product @ Dhan

Ok @Pranita

so what is the situation with BTST trades/quantities? how do you determine they are BTST ? what % of proceeds are available on btst rtades

Hey @nx.vijay ,

This is in the works, will update you once available.

Thanks,
Pranita

1 Like

I think, this label name need to changed… It still shows 80% only.

1 Like