About Currency Trading Circular

Hi team,

Unable to take a fresh position in currency derivatives. I found there is a circular by RBI. Please clear how to take fresh trade in currency trading?

You can’t. Currency trading is “partially-banned” for the average Joe. Welcome to New India.

2 Likes

Still this is mystery for now ! Infact brokers have no clear information. Its paused for now. Later on we may find any information. NSE/BSE are like chalo aah jao option buying mein sare lot size ko kam kar diya hun for retail trader safety.

Sahi bola aapne. option me aao aur lut jao. kisi ko nahi baksha jayega.

@raviraj @Pradhan @thisisbanerjee we are discussing it here - Discussion: RBI tightens rules on currency derivatives to curb speculative trading

Would love to know your views on this!

I think there is a much more bigger picture which will unveil in the next 2-3 years. USDINR is slipping away and I don’t want to say anything more than that given the air around free speech.

Vague statements and policy instability is something that every investor is concerned with be it a FII or DII.

But, there is something more than what meets the eye.

Retail traders were forced to exit in a stampede, after that now RBI has opened special exit door for big guys till 3rd May 2024 to close their positions peacefully! :relieved: