Corporate Actions Not Adjusted on Charts in Real Time

I’m surprised too see that corporate actions aren’t adjusted on a real-time basis on the charts. A couple of days ago, IIFL FINANCE (IIFL) has announced a rights issue and the same is effected immediately at EOD (Tuesday 23 April 2024) on Tradingview, Zerodha and even Fyers.

Till now, my first preference was that of Dhan’s charts but the issue arose, when the Dhan TV charts are showing a breakout today where it has broken out on the previous day (for charts that have been rights adjusted).

If a broker like Fyers does this in real-time but Dhan (who always say that the charting experience is best and this and that), I’m sorry to say, doesn’t even know how to adjust a chart for a corporate action in real time.

I was still ready to cope with the UI of Dhan, if the charts were at least correct. In my opinion, instead of stretching resources too thin and launching new features, Dhan should foremost solve the corporate actions on a real-time basis and the UI/UX.

Result of your charts: This was my best month and had to take a hit because I went with your charts. I’m really disappointed with the way things are right now. @PravinJ

2 Likes

I had also noticed a few issues like this on charts.

It’s not just happening in charts, incorrect data can also be found in fundamentals

and sometimes in Funds

@thisisbanerjee We have already implemented the chart adjustment for Corporate Actions like Split and Bonus (which occur quite frequently). In the next phase, we will be picking up CAs like Rights, Mergers and Demergers. Operationally this activity is manual and we are automating it to eliminate any misses.

1 Like

@Champion_Trader We got this case and this seems to be an edge case. We are fixing this as well.

2 Likes

@iamshrimohan Thanks! Any timeline by when would it be implemented? I was caught absolutely off-guard today.

1 Like

@thisisbanerjee Possibly next week (for split and bonus). We need to do a couple of testing before pushing it on live. For the next batch of CAs, expect a longer duration as work to start from scratch.

3 Likes

Thanks @iamshrimohan :slightly_smiling_face:

chart has a lag issue in recent days … even after good wifi… chart is little slow

1 Like