Dhan is ruining the web experience - Charts are very laggy

The charts on Dhan web are very laggy. They are stuttering after I keep the tab open for a while. It is not the case on Tradingview website or on other brokers’ charts. I have seen these complaints in this forum and it is not yet resolved. They are just keep replying to refresh the tab.

Okay, let’s admit refreshing the tab resolved the issue. But upon refreshing the tab will open the same script which was saved last time. So I again have type and open the script I have positions on.

Also, please do not complaint about my PC specifications. It is more (actually more more) than enough to run multiple tabs at the same time. (I show PC specs in the video.)

The last complaint on slow and laggy chart was on September 2022. Since than after two years this problem hasn’t been resolved.

Screen Recording Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tC_JSG3F9Mo

I am clearly switching to another platform as I cannot bear this.
You guys are working on it for last 2 years and I haven’t seen improvement so I have no expectations anymore.

2 Likes

Hi @YashM

Laggy charts are referred to scenarios when data on charts is lagged. I checked the video and it seems like the browser may have consumed too much data / memory and it is not able to render the charting library as you are trying to move - yes, basic refresh will solve for it because it will reload this.

Noticed in your video that just one tab is open for TradingView and 15+ tabs open for Dhan, I’m assuming those are all for charts where data or for dhan web app where data is streamed live and in real-time, note - consuming this levels of data on browser window in real-time is simply too much data at times. On Dhan, we not just stream the data for charts, but also your indicators + your preferences + your orders. I’m guessing this is much to do with usage and less to do with charts lagging.

Charts on Dhan have improved a lot over a period of time, we have had over 2 Lac+ concurrent users connecting on Dhan charts just today - we continue to offer the best possible experience when it comes to charts.

Although, I don’t fully agree for the most part (yes, sometimes, they do lag) but this one is really a pain and creates a headache when tracking multiple scrips at the same time in different tabs and few tabs freeze due to whatever issue.

I believe, this will not change because it will demand whole change in architecture which would not be easy.

No, I don’t think so it is using more resources. You can clearly see on COU side it using 31% while in RAM side it is 37%.

This number are including Powerpoint, OBS (while recording the screen).

You can’t say it is using more resources. If it is the case why Tradingview chart is working fluently?

The reason I have opened the multiple tabs is because if I try to track the script in one tab, it becomes useless because it lags so much after sometime that I cannot even use the drag and drop feature fluently.

I wanted to draw attention in first message.

And as per your response, it seems you guys at Dhan are clearly not interested in addressing this issue after the fact that multiple people are writing about it.

Switching to another platform.

Thanks!

Yes. Because of lag I have to use multiple tabs.

I do intraday and my targets in some scripts are usually very close. So I have to react instantly.

I tried to track scripts in single tab using the Layout feature. But that is totally useless. After few minutes all scripts stutter while using and it clearly becomes so hard to modify target or drag and drop the target price.

It becomes so headache.

Hi @PravinJ

I would like to present an issue which I face with Dhan charts on day to day basis.

Whenever I put some indicator like Ichimoku or AVWAP on charts, I need to zoom in and zoom out the charts for the indicator to get loaded properly with accurate values which causes great inconvenience. While, I understand that data needs to get loaded to get proper values of indicators, I have never faced such issue with the direct TV charts .
On standalone TV charts, I never had to zoom in and zoom out the charts for the indicator to get formed properly. Can you please explain why is this happening with only Dhan TV charts and it will be helpful for the users if the team can fix this issue.

This issue is not solved yet. But they marked it as solved.

May 05: Not yet resolved.