Discussion : How to Stop Overtrading?

Hey Traders👋

When we talk about factors and habits that shape a successful trader, we often tend to focus on their analytical skills, techniques, strategies, and more.

As logical as this sounds, we forget about the most critical factor - Psychology of Successful Traders.

Mental patterns and emotions such as overconfidence, fear, and greed strongly affect a trader’s decision-making and subsequently, their trading performance followed by the most obvious routine of Revenge or Overtrading.

The secret formula to be good at anything and everything is to always keep your emotions in check. That’s what we’ve covered in this article on How to Stop Overtrading: Saying Goodbye to Revenge Trading!

And most importantly…

Share your 2024 Trading resolutions and thoughts on Overtrading with us in the comments below👇

Regards,

Jhanvi

I accept that I can be wrong with a trade. I have understood that I cannot place a trade with absolute certainty of outcome. I am perfectly ok with losing and am prepared to wait with capital adequacy for the winners that make me money. Also code, backtest, deploy is my preferred process which gives me objective metrics to operate on while live trading. This process helps me trust the system which am trading with and prevents mental harakiri and consequent overtrading.

The only resolution for 2024 is to stick with the process that has yielded positive results…:slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like