Do you have a Trader’s journal?📑

You often use various tools and techniques for trading and investing amongst which, the Trading Journal stands out as the most important of all. It is basically a personalised record of your trades used for self-reflection and analysis.

Whether you’re a beginner or a super experienced Trader, you need to analyze your trade history to identify areas of improvements, which is why we have the Trader’s Diary on Dhan that allows you to track your trading journey automatically.

To understand more about the significant use of a Trading Journal, we have written a blog for you: The Ultimate Guide To Creating A Trading Journal.

Meanwhile, let us know how important a Trader’s journal is to you and how has it helped you so far?

2 Likes

Trader’s Journal is important, but I think Trader’s Diary is pretty basic in Dhan. Are any upgrades planned for the same in the future?

Below are some ideas:
(1) Different colour coded/pie chart days to visualise the magnitude of P&L for the month.
(2) Show a pictorial snapshot of the chart of the trade in a day.

3 Likes

Additionally, there should be an option to select segment-specific Profit and Loss, such as equity only or F&O only.

Moreover, the custom date range for PnL should extend beyond a year.

If feasible, provide trade wise details of brokerage and other charges in trader’s diary.

Adding an account value curve would be a fantastic addition.

1 Like

@Champion_Trader @thisisbanerjee

Do you also maintain a physical diary as well?

1 Like

@RahulDeshpande
No, I use Excel for journaling my trades.

Not a physical one. It’s on an excel sheet with some additional insights like a bar graph showing highest and lowest P&L, average P&L, win rate, average yeild and some more. @RahulDeshpande

1 Like