Exit All/Multi-select exit issue with Options

12MAR2024

@PravinJ

I addressed this issue few months back and it is still not resolved.

Options Trader Web is meant for derivatives alone and this issue makes it irritating experience every time I wanna exit multiple positions.

What is the use of “Multi-select exit” if it does not work properly on a Options only website. Especially on a volatile day like today?

Issue : Spreads multi exit should always exit SELL legs first and then BUY legs but it is happening TOP 2 BOTTOM exit approach which is causing order execution failure due to unavailable margin/funds.

Watch the video for LIVE execution for understanding

YouTube link : https://youtu.be/TPDc4SuBlkE

Hi @VSDTheTrendSailor,

This could be due to the hedge break scenario. For such instance, you need to exit the parent leg first (One with the higher margin). We have explained this scenario here -

I know why it failed. I am saying it should not happen coz I am not trying to manually close BUY leg first. In that case, an alert comes saying HEDGE BREAK is fine. I am trying to EXIT ALL positions where RMS should understand that and square off SELL LEG first and so on.

My question is Why the multi select is not smart enough to exit SELL leg first?

As a user, I want to exit all positions during normal/emergency situation and in this case if I have 20 legs with various stocks/indices and you want me to manually close one by one?

This seems ridiculous don’t you think?

This is completely counter productive IMHO.

Due to this way of exiting, traders can lose money in 5+ digits in few seconds to minutes

I suggest you take this up make RMS smart.

Also another annoying issue with manual square off are : it always pops up with LIMIT order and then I have to change to MARKET order to exit. By default I want MARKET order for SQ OFF but it always has LIMIT order.

1 Like

@PravinJ please do something.

Assume sir you have traded (as a trader) double calendar spread and you want exit all positions at once, can you ?

I also agree that RMS policy’s doesn’t recommend us to do so . We have exit sell leg first then buy leg exit (as per Dhan RMS policy ) as we all know that market is very fragile, within fractions of seconds market moves all around .

Now the main concern is when we exit sell leg first , web page get refresh and we have to select buy leg then and we have to exit that leg (we are trader not algo or robot) ittook some time to exit buy leg .

That "sometime " give us lot of slippage or loss or whatever you says .

I am not and will not compare to anyone about exit all positions

Think of it …

(Please do consider about RMS policy about exit all)

@PravinJ also one more thing, after recent update of Dhan app , it gets hang sometime, its hard to open new chart from app, and get back on main menu it also get stuck in between.

Please use by yourself :pray:

If you are an Option only trader then I suggest you use Options Trader app on your mobile instead of Dhan app

I never open Dhan app

OT app is fast

1 Like
               Sure thanks🙏    

I will definitely try it out…