Facing RMS error while placing stop loss order (placed on chart) in option buying

Hello, I’m new to DHAN and engage in option buying. Today, I was practicing the execution of a stop-loss order, but I’ve encountered a persistent RMS error. Despite multiple attempts, I haven’t been able to resolve the issue, and it’s perplexing because I haven’t experienced this problem with other brokers. How should I address this situation? is there any method to reslove this without adding any additional funds.

Hi @Sa71d

Welcome to the Dhan Community.

This error of insufficient funds while squaring off the existing position appears if you have any pending square-off order for your open position. If you attempt to place another order for the same position, it will be considered a fresh order and will require a margin. Here, you can cancel or modify the order to close the position.

Hi Divyesh,

Thank you for your prompt response. Nevertheless, I did not have any outstanding square-off orders. I was navigating the chart page to execute the exit order and attempted manual order modification too, encountering the same issue. Kindly inform me if there are specific settings or methods I should employ to place an exit order or stop-loss on the price chart page.

Was your open position an intraday position and were you trying to square it off with a normal order ? In that case margin can be insufficient as normal order won’t close the intraday order.