Feedback and Requests with Trading Platform

Dear Dhan Team @PravinJ @RahulDeshpande ,

I hope this email finds you well. I am writing to express my appreciation for the excellent features of the Dhan trading terminal and the positive experiences I’ve had using it. I have recommended Dhan to many of my friends and have actively contributed to discussions aimed at improving Dhan services.

However, I am currently facing some issues that are impacting my ability to trade effectively. I want to bring these concerns to your attention in the hope that they can be addressed promptly for a smoother trading experience.

1. Price Alerts:
i) Despite our prior discussion in a Google Meet, I am still not receiving price alerts on my mobile app when the screen is off. The initial resolution was temporary and, unfortunately, the problem persists.
ii) Web notifications are not providing real-time updates; they only become visible upon manual refresh.
iii) The absence of options to sort alerts and re-enable triggered alerts is a significant drawback for my trading strategy.

2. Sell GTT Placement:
The inability to place a sell GTT immediately after purchasing a stock, particularly when setting a Stop Loss (SL), is a crucial feature for my trading strategy. This limitation is preventing me from executing trades effectively.

3. Selling on Settlement Holidays:
Purchasing a stock a day before or on a settlement holiday creates a situation where the stock does not appear in my holdings the next day. As a swing trader, not being able to sell the stock if my SL is triggered on the following day is a substantial impediment

I want to emphasize that my entire trading approach is built around these three features, and their absence is preventing me from executing trades as per my established strategy.

Given that my entire trading approach relies on these features, I kindly request your team to consider implementing them at the earliest convenience. I understand that software development is an ongoing process, and I appreciate your dedication to enhancing the Dhan platform.

Your prompt attention to this matter is highly appreciated, as it directly influences my ability to engage in trading through the Dhan platform. I remain optimistic about a positive resolution.

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation :slightly_smiling_face:.

Best regards.

1 Like

Thanks for the note @Champion_Trader, give me sometime - i personally admire detailed feedbacks… I will respond to this. In middle of few things this week.

2 Likes

Thank you for your prompt attention :slightly_smiling_face:

HI @Champion_Trader Took a while for me to come back to this, so posting responses to your queries here. Firstly thanks for your kind words and Welcome to the MadeForTrade community.

On Alerts: Yes, improving Alerts is on list of things to do. We understand many traders prefer to keep themselves alerted about not just price alerts - but lots more around it. We are rebuilding the Alerts platform from scratch and not just that, we are building a completely new product that will be for fans of traders who like alerts, scans and screeners - all of that combined. As a team, we focused a lot on core trading features first and this post that we have been focussing a lot on also improving our trade execution speeds + faster price updates on charts + visibly faster tick by tick updates to price broadcast. We didnt want to be in situation were trade support features (for example alerts, forever or GTT) where available however execution was just the usual like any other. Hence on our list of things to do we focussed on trade execution first.

Mobile App notifications are already enabled on Dhan app, do review your app settings. Web we will be rolling out post we ship new alert system and noted feedback on sorting alerts + re-enable alerts.

1. We allow users to place Bracket orders (for intraday) and set forever orders post taking a position. We understand that users want this on same screen, this is already in works - most likely we will ship this on Options Trader app before we bring to Dhan.

2. Settlement holidays results in lot of restrictions and deviations from normal processed that a broker has to do at its end. Will discuss this with @iamshrimohan and evaluate the things we can bring here within the limited scope.

Once again, thanks for sharing this. We really appreciate all feedback and suggestions that come from our users and helps us improve the overall investing and trading experience on Dhan.

1 Like

Thanks @PravinJ for your detailed reply. Excited for the updates :slightly_smiling_face:

@Champion_Trader Regarding point 3 - Selling on Settlement Holidays, we do enable BTST trades except for stocks purchased via MTF as during the next settlement day, we have to cater for two settlements and we get a very limited time window between the two which makes the process operationally challenging. In spite of that, we do handle to cater BTST for normal trades but MTF will always face a spill over and we missing on the Pay-In time lines which could result in auction to the client.

Only thing to note here is that for sold shares, there will be NO early pay-in benefit of 80% of the sell proceeds which is provided as a trading limit on any normal day.

1 Like

Thanks for responding @iamshrimohan.
So, I can purchase a stock (normal order) either the day before or on a settlement holiday and then sell it the following day, correct?

@Champion_Trader Yes, you can!

1 Like

Awesome, thank you :slightly_smiling_face: