G Sec Pledge List at Dhan Compared to Other Brokers

Dear Dhan team,

I hope this message finds you well. I am writing to bring to your attention an observation regarding the list of G Sec for pledging at Dhan when compared to other brokers in the market.

While exploring various brokerage options, it has come to my attention that Dhan offers a maximum of 40 G Sec (Government Securities) for pledging, significantly lower than the 90 G Sec or more provided by other brokers in the industry. This discrepancy is particularly relevant when considering the cash component required for trading.

Thank you for your attention to this matter, and I look forward to hearing from fellow members of the community.

@Siddharth_24 We’ve compiled a G-Sec list based on liquidity and our risk policy, but different brokers may have varying risk parameters. We consistently monitor liquidity and update our list accordingly.

We refrain from allowing less liquid G-Secs, which some brokers might permit, due to potential impacts on clients. For instance, pledging such a security could result in a deeper loss if a margin call isn’t met, leading to liquidation at a bid price of around 92 while the ask price stands at around 98.

As you can see a potential risk, it could lead to easy siphoning off your securities at a much cheaper rate