How to Set Target and Stop Loss Together on Chart?

Hi everybody,

I want to set stoploss and target at the same time on the chart because it is just a moment of time when the price strikes my assumed target, and until I prepare to square off the position, the price falls.

But I am unable to set the sell target and stoploss at the same time. It returns errors like this:

Response for Rejection
RMS:52240314713206:Fund Limit Insufficient By 76764.52 & Available Amount 13990. Order Amount Is 5354.25

I don’t know what’s the reason behind it, but is there any way to do so? What’s wrong with it?

Is there any video tutorial or some article or post?

You help is highly appreciated?

Best regards,
Tejinder Singh

You can use the option of Bracket Order to have both Target and Stop Loss.

1 Like

Thanks for your reply. But I was wondering why I couldn’t place the target order manually after putting stoploss.

I am expecting an answer from the Dhan official or expert.

Regards

You can put Target after putting SL, but the target order will be considered as a fresh sell order so you need to have margin to put that sell order.

If you have the margin you can put the Target order, but you have to cancel the SL order manually if the Target hits and vice versa.

Hi Mohan,
Thanks for the reply!

You mean if I don’t have sufficient margin I can NOT place the target order right? I think you forgot to put NOT.

Am I right?

Yes

If you do not have sufficient margin you can not place the target order.

1 Like

Thanks for the information.