Intraday to MTF positions conversions, Possible?

Dear Dhan guys,

I’m not sure whether this has already been covered, but it’s regarding intraday conversion to MTF.
Today, If we have enough margin, we can successfully convert the Intraday to Delivery.

What about the Intraday to MTF, for those who desire to convert the Intraday Margin(5x) to MTF(2.5x) for the stocks covered under the MTF bucket.

Is it possible currently? if currently not available, are there any plans in the future?

2 Likes

Hi @rustam Yes, the provision is to convert the positions between Intraday and Delivery only. MTF Positions can be squared off on the same day if the intent is to do Intraday with MTF, lots of users do that.

Thanks @PravinJ

any plans to add the Intraday to MTF conversion for the future releases?

Is there a technical difficulty?

Some brokers do support this like Geojit

1 Like

Hi @rustam To my knowledge, this is the first time we have received this request… will have to check on the possibility of this. I am assuming not too many users are having this use-case, we have been running MTF for almost past 12 months now.

2 Likes

Hey team,

Would love to have this as a feature where you can trade in intraday, but if you change your mind you can convert your position to MTF, keeping most of the leverage with you.
Please do let us know if this is coming soon.

Regards,
Ashish Kadam

Hi @zegulas Yes, this is something our team @Pranita have thought of and added on our things to do. Will keep our users posted on this.

Having said that many users do MTF as leverage is available and option to carry over position for short time or even intraday.

Hi want to know how interest is charged in MTF, if normal ledger has credit and mtf ledger has debit, will both credit and debit will be adjusted for interest calculation or interest will be charges on mtf debit ignoring normal ledger credit?

Hey @Pankaj ,

Apologies for missing this. Interest will be charged on MTF debit irrespective of credit in normal ledger. Hope this clarifies!

Thanks,
Pranita
Product @ Dhan

Please add this feature for converting intraday position to MTF. I am an intraday trader and some times I find myself in a situation where my position gets into upper circuit and want to carry that for next day. I can do that by converting my position to delivery but I don’t want my funds to be blocked for the next day as probably I will exit my position on the next day and my funds will released on the T+1 basis.

4 Likes