Introducing Webhook Alerts : Direct Order Placements on TradingView from Dhan

Hey @LotOfOptions

Welcome to Dhan Community!
The enhancement is not live yet, will inform on community first as soon as we go live with this.

@Hardik Is this possible??

No directly not possible now. I think you need to use the API Bridge - Introducing: Dhan Trading API Bridge

1 Like

Gonna try it! :smile::zap: Thanks!!

1 Like

A better & simplified way to trade on Options on TradingView is coming, on our list to do #6 here: Upcoming Features on Dhan: For Feb & Mar 2023

@t7support @Diamond @Gangavarapu @Jainam @LotOfOptions as mentioned by @Hardik, we will keep posted.

3 Likes

Noted. Thanks @PravinJ

Wow! Excellent! Thanks :pray: :heart_eyes:

Eagerly waiting for #6

Great support team ever, waiting for this feature so long.

what else one need on TreadingView.com directly Options!!!

I have whatsapp api key. Can I use it somewhere in dhan &/or tradingview to get alerts of trading & trades executed from dhan on my whatsapp number?

How to use TradingView webhooks with MTF and leverage?

@Hardik can you please solve my doubt?

Hi @ansuman_441

Currently, we only have Intraday and Delivery as product type offerings for Webhooks. We have noted your feedback, be assure we will definitely incorporate this in our roadmap.

There is not even one simple example describing properly how to use Webhook for Futures or Options? When will you start supporting strategy execution?

Hi - Is it working now? Are you able to execute orders through strategy via Webhook or direct? Any luck with that? Can you share proper examples on how to implement that?

Hi @Jainam Webhooks are being used by many traders on Dhan actively. You can learn all of it about them here - What is Webhook - How to Place Order from TradingView Using Webhook - Webhook Explained | Dhan - YouTube

There is no proper example - How do I integrate it with Alerts? What to enter for Index Futures?

Hello @Jainam

If you look at the video already shared in this thread, it explains how TradingView Price Alerts can be used with Webhooks to place orders on Dhan directly.

For Index Futures order via Webhooks, you can simply place an alert on any Index Futures chart and whenever the alert is triggered, it will place order for the same of current month expiry.

We are working on enhancement which will allow direct option trading as well via Webhooks. For now you can use basket webhooks for the same.

1 Like

Recently I have had some order failures or not coming to dhan from tradingview. The first order have no history, which seem to not show up in dhan. How to see logs from tradingview order executions?

I have a Premium TV plan. I am able to see monthly futures, they are generally defined as M,J etc

If I trade on them using TV connect with Dhan as broker I am shown Instrument cannot me traded with current broker (Dhan)

I think you can simply create an internal mapping table for TV Premium symbols so we can trade any FnO ( Index FnO, stock FnO Commodities FnO etc) directly from TV without JSON Basket orders etc. This would be a quick and easy Fix especially for TV premium users

I would also like Dhan Web and or Mobile App to show a message on Order page for Exchange Restricted expires, that instrument is restricted rather than placing an order and then getting this message.

As already pointed out Trading View premium version have Live feeds rather than delayed for almost all indian exchanges. Would appreciate if you can look into it @PravinJ @Hardik @Naman @Dhan_Help @Dhan

1 Like