Issue - Update Primary Bank Online on Dhan

@PravinJ / @Anirudha / @RahulDeshpande / @Sameet

I am creating this topic to highlight the problem I am facing with your services. It has been more than a month since I raised an online request to update primary bank account details in my Dhan account. However, the request isn’t processed yet.

I tried reaching out to customer support through chat support option, but it is taking me to knowledge base articles instead of opening a chat window directly. So, reaching out to you directly here for a solution.

Following is a proof that charges have been debited a month ago on 29th Feb 2024 for updating primary bank account details. Now we are on 31st March, yet the status is “Setting this as primary account”. Would this process really take more than a month?

Please request the concerned team to look into this issue with immediate effect and don’t hesitate to inform me if any action is pending from my end.

Thank you,
Ravi

2 Likes

Hi @ravi_krishna

Please share your registered details in DM so that we can check and assist you accordingly.

Hi @Divyesh

Thank you for responding to my post. Could you please let me know what all details you need in specific?

Thanks,
Ravi

Hi @ravi_krishna

We got your details, please allow us time to review your case, we will get back to you shortly.

@PravinJ, @Divyesh, @RahulDeshpande, @Anirudha, @Sameet

It’s been ~40 days since I have raised a request for primary bank change. It’s been more than a week since I have created this post in community for help. And the issue is not yet resolved from your end.

Why is it taking months to just update primary bank account details in Dhan? Don’t know what is wrong with Dhan these days, this was not how Dhan used to be before.

Now I feel it is better for me to redeem my mutual funds from Dhan and move the money into reputed stock brokers like Zerodha.

Thank you team!

1 Like

Hi @ravi_krishna ,

This is not the experience we want to set. I’m sure our CS team has already informed you this, but there is a specific issue we’re facing with your UCC at Exchanges. We’re actively following up with them to resolve this. I’ll personally call and update you as soon as this is resolved.

@Anirudha

No, no one from the CS team has informed me about the issue at the Exchanges side. Otherwise, I would have waited with patience instead of writing a follow-up message here.

Thank you for letting me know about the issue, I can understand. Thank you!

1 Like

@Anirudha

The primary bank is now changed. However, while trying to invest some money into debt funds, I noticed that it is still showing the previous primary bank’s UPI handle and net banking option. Could you please help?

Here is an example of this situation. Assume Bank A was my primary bank earlier and Bank B was secondary. Upon my request, Bank B is changed to primary bank now and under Money > Banks I can see the change. However, for mutual funds I still see Bank A’s UPI handle and net banking option.

CC: @PravinJ @Divyesh @RahulDeshpande @Sameet

Thanks,
Ravi

Hi @ravi_krishna

We have responded to you on DM, please check.