Kudos to Dhan team for Scalper

Hello Dhan Team,

First I would. Like to thank you for bringing scalper to Dhan platform . This is really a great addition. Kudos to the team.

Second, a feature request. Volume bars on index charts. Right now, volume data for IDX - nifty50, bank nifty etc is not visible. However TV with their data are able to show the same. As dhan is partner with tv, it would be great if dhan is also able to show volume. This would be an industry first I believe if dhan is able to do it.

Third Product Feedback -

Mobile app refinement in UI/UX -

As you can see in attached screenshot, lot of screen space is wasted and honestly looks real bad and unrefined. Kind request to please make this element better integrate into overall classy look of Dhan. All over the ui/UX is top notch however only this part stands out as an (for want of a better word) eyeesore.

I am sure the team will be able to come up with a great change if the mods pass on this small feedback.

@PravinJ - :pray::pray::pray:

6 Likes

Hi @Sanjay2704

Thanks for your kind words about Dhan, glad you liked Scalper. In case you missed, we recently (just last week) also introduced Scalper on our Options Trading app. We wrote about this here: Introducing : Scalper on Charts on Options Trader app

Regarding volume bars., we have mentioned this earlier on community as well - Nifty and BankNifty are not tradable on exchanges directly and hence the volumes are not available. We had checked this, and were informed that the volume bars displayed on few charting platforms are derived data (not real-trading data). We prefer to show trade data only if it is available directly from exchange, not a derived metric. In such scenarios, it may lead to misleading setups or studies.

Feedback noted on the landscape mode for Charts, we will see how we can improve this. There are some restrictions because of the charting library we use.

1 Like

Brother i already mentioned this issue no one care… Even after 2,3 update still same

Hi @Yeduraj We will build things that are feasible. Additionally, please note for every feature and update that goes live on Dhan - it takes months of time from preparation, development, execution, testing and then going live in phases. We simply can’t roll out features, it takes time.

1 Like

Hello @PravinJ
I think @Yeduraj is referring to blank space on landscape mode charts.
We talked about this issue a few weeks ago.

1 Like

Hi @Champion_Trader @Yeduraj Noted, this is being updated in upcoming app release, it is specific to Samsung phones.

1 Like

What about others phones having this gap issue😑

1 Like

@PravinJ
It’s not just with Samsung phones; it’s happening on nearly every phone—Android and iPhone. I’ve tested it with Samsung, Redmi, Iqoo, Motorola, and the iPhone

@Yeduraj & @thisisbanerjee are experiencing the same issue with their phones

1 Like

@Champion_Trader You have seen my iPhone layout screen, right? App is pathetic but nobody to acknowledge that. I have stopped coming to this forum nowadays.

1 Like

Yes :smiling_face_with_tear::smiling_face_with_tear:

Turns out the Scalper is a joke in landscape mode. Can see everything but the chart. How are we supposed to trade if we can’t see the chart??? :pensive::pensive::pensive::thinking::thinking::thinking::skull_and_crossbones::skull_and_crossbones::skull_and_crossbones:

@PravinJ

Here is a screenshot of angelone insta FnO for comparison

We also get to choose which insta to go for

Need ui something like this. :pray::pray::pray:

2 Likes

Hi @Sanjay2704 You are comparing landscape mode with portrait mode of other app.

I am referring to cleanliness and simplicity of the ui/ux. There is just too much clutter on screen which distracts from main focus which is charts

2 Likes