MCX is going live with New Trading Platform from Mon, 16 Oct 2023

Hi All,

MCX is going live with its new Trading Platform - Commodity Derivatives Platform from Monday, 16th October 2023. More details on same are in this MCX circular.

============================================
MCX Exchange Update:
MCX has transitioned to a new Trading System and there are delays in Order Updates from exchange. Fresh Orders on MCX is on hold at this moment.

Please note that MCX trading session on this Monday, 16 October will start on 10:45 AM instead of usual 9:00 AM. Trading activity on BSE / NSE will continue as usual.

We have discussed this in our Community Forum earlier that we have fully tested our integrations with MCX and are ready to go live. We have also been participating in ongoing Mock Trading sessions of MCX and will also keep going doing so further to ensure that all our platforms seamlessly integrate and newer updates are deployed.

Unlike most of the broking platforms that have a third-party OMS (Order Management System) / RMS (Risk Management System), Dhan now has its own Trading System. We process over 99.9% of trades on Dhan through our own Trading System that we built in-house on latest technology stack in less than 12 months. This gives us super flexibility in shipping core trading products & build our own capabilities that help us to be much faster. It also makes us one of only new-age Stock Trading platform that owns and manages its entire technology infrastructure including core trading systems.

Dhan also has significantly high trading volumes and traders in the Commodities Segment - owing to its seamless trading features, capabilities and experience that are designed specifically for Commodity Traders, we wrote about them sometime back here - Commodity Trading Experience on Dhan - Simple, Smooth, & Seamless!

That said, I have always maintained that Trading Systems are generally in my personal opinion some of the most complex technology systems in financial world. While trading activity in commodities usually picks up in evening post 5:00 PM on Dhan, we would still suggest our users to please monitor your trades and exercise general caution on Monday, 16th October 2023 as the exchange transitions to a new trading system. Along with you, of course Dhan team will continue to monitor all its systems while we move to the new MCX system and are also in touch with the exchange teams.

Thank you
Pravin

7 Likes

Hi Pravin ji,

Good to see that as a founder your are actively involved with us customers and addressing our concerns.

Just wanted to know that there was some issue regarding delayed order placement on the web platform. Sometimes the order gets executed at a very high or low price during trading after 3-4 seconds delay. Have these issues been resolved as they create huge problems for us to trade smoothly(intradsy and scalping) and also incur losses which is absolutely not acceptable.

2 Likes

Hi @anantinvst Thanks for your kind words. We monitor our trading systems all the time and have recently moved all trades to our own systems. Our execution times are now between 40-50ms, and those including large iceberg orders with ~100 legs are executed instantly.

Order execution in India happens on exchanges and there are many factors that determine execution, mot important is the market depth - bid/asks at that moment. If there are any specific order logs you would like our team to review, please send a note to us on help@dhan.co and we also encourage users to independently verify their trades directly on exchanges here- https://www.nseindia.com/invest/first-time-investor-trade-verification.

2 Likes

Sir, my request to you is to add candlestick name show indicator in Dhan app so that it would be easy to identify the user name candlestick of Dhan in the beginning, sir.

strong text*

1 Like

Hi @Raghvendra

Thank you for sharing your suggestion. We have noted it

1 Like

@PravinJ @Dhan_Help not able to modify or cancel the order. Tried many times with the same message shown in the pic thrown by the app. Also the order is not executed either as it is not reflected in the position page. Pls help…

2 Likes

The order shows up as successful in orders page. It’s just not reflected in the position page.

Yes, the issue is on exchange end on updating the status of orders. Our teams are in touch with them.

K thanks @PravinJ for the update.

Hello I am trying to call you from last 30 min… on call, no one is picking, no one is coming on chat also, please call me… urgent issue with my orders on MCX.

1 Like

my order is showing buying silver future for 320/-… please help what happened.

MCX Exchange Update:

MCX has transitioned to a new Trading System and there are delays in Order Updates from exchange. Fresh Orders on MCX is on hold at this moment.

1 Like

Pls let know when it’s open :pray:

Hi @pavz We are in touch with the exchange… there are delays in order confirmations. We can open it, however its bit risky to trade. For now only open positions can be squared-off, fresh orders we have paused.

1 Like

Hi Pravin Ji!

What about pending orders on MCX? My order is pending since 12.27 PM. I am not able to cancel it. My margin is also blocked and not able to utilize it. I don’t want the order to get executed now as it was meant for intraday not for long term. Please update what will be the case?

1 Like

@PravinJ - Any update on the reported issue. My order is in transit status for the last 4 Hrs. and I am already started losing some Money.

Hello, will this be resolved today or tomorrow now.?

Pravin Ji, pehle to aap reply kar rahe the ab aapne reply bhi band kar diya hai? Whats going on? When i place new order now it says markets are closed. All my previous orders are either cancelled automatically or are still in transit. Please resolve this ASAP.

1 Like