Mutual fund sip query

Why is it that I have to pay some amount immediately for creating a sip on a later date as well ?

Why cant i just select the emandate for sip to be started & deducted on that date itself ?

for example if i select 4th march, and i already have an emandate, then why cant i just select that emandate & let my sip start from 4th march ?

currently, say today if i select sip to start from 4th march of say ₹ 2000, i have to place one order of ₹2000 on today’s date itself. Isnt this wrong ? i dont want to place order today bcz of market conditions then why are u forcing like this ? groww also does the same but zerodha’s coin doesnt force like this. even indmoney allows. only groww & dhan are forcing.

i am showing you a screenshot of coin app where we can simply select emandate & let the sip begin from that selected date itself without being forced to place an order today.

Also, the minimum amount of mandate in Dhan is ₹1 lac and cant be reduced. Isnt this wrong ? if a user whose sip is say just 2k or 5k or 10k then why take mandate of 1lac ? pls note this mandate limit is per day. most users have sip of less than 20k per month… for eg - in indmoney, you can select your own emandate amount.

@PravinJ pls do comment on this

Hi @krishag,

We understand your point and have noted this to evaluate further.

1 Like

Thanks. Would request your detailed comment on both sip & mandate issues mentioned above.

Hi @krishag,

Thank you for sharing your concerns regarding our SIP creation process. The current requirement for one-time payment ahead of the SIP start date is a part of our existing system, but we acknowledge your preference for a more flexible approach.
Your feedback is valuable, and we are actively considering improvements to allow users to initiate SIPs directly from the selected start date without immediate payment. Additionally, we are reviewing the minimum mandate amount, and we assure you that your feedback will be taken into account for future updates.

1 Like

Hi @daya.reddy,

These are already on our roadmap and we are working on these. We will let you know once it is live.

Thanks,
Trisha

1 Like

When you bring stepup, please ensure step up sip should have monthly/quarterly/half yearly/yearly increase option by percentage/amount.

Hi @krishag ,
We’ve noted your suggestion. We’ll explore adding step-up SIP options with both percentage and amount increases on various timelines.