Need suggestions from traders & investors - creating & curating better content for you

Hello traders and investors,

We have been meaning to write more about markets, trading and investing. But we want to write for you and not for the algorithm.

Here’s what we need your inputs on to curate and create better content:

1. What are some of the blogs and newsletters do you read frequently?
  2. What do you think is missing in Dhan blog - blog.dhan.co/
  3. How do you discover new content on trading, investing & markets?

@Shriram and I look forward to your feedback & suggestions!

Thanks,
Shraddha

3 Likes

@viswaram @t7support @pavz @Champion_Trader @krishag @ValueInvestor0 do share your thoughts!

1 Like

I believe the articles should be well thought & well written backed by good structuring. If a topic is too big, it should be divided into episode or chapters rather than communicating everything in one article.

New topics for intermediate investors could be - Renting stocks, selling rights (right issue) which generally gets lapsed (pure loss), voting in AGM, finding gaps between pricing of fixed return instruments (tbills, sgb) so that higher ROI can be achieved w/o any risk, gmp inflation scam especially before sme ipos, etc.

2 Likes

What are the blogs / newsletters do you read currently?

I mainly keep up with updates from Mark Minervini’s Twitter account and MarketSmith India

I think Dhan should write blogs in a clear and organized manner, like how they do it on Zerodha Varsity, which I really like.

I diligently follow and watch all interviews with successful traders and investors conducted by Vivek Bajaj on the Elearnmarkets YouTube channel and by Richard Moglen on the TraderLion YouTube channel. Additionally, I make it a point to read at least one book per month on market-related topics.

What are some of the blogs and newsletters do you read frequently?

Some of these newsletters i read frequently and some i just read when insomnia hits me.

• For getting a read about global financial and economics topics
  • For understanding (value) investing and pertaining topics regarding valuations of companies, macroeconomics affecting markets
  • Interesting reads on general market topics explained like i am 15 years old and topics that i would’ve missed reading because they were in news :smile:

https://firstprincipleinvesting.substack.com/

https://samasthithi.substack.com/

https://www.budgettiger.in/

https://samastithi.substack.com/

• For sectoral analysis, investing framework, data on different economic metrics. Some of the writers are RIAs, some independents, some fund managers and some experienced working for financial organization, some yt’bers.
  • Topics mostly related to factor investing
  • About FIRE from authors understanding
  • writings are general in a sense. But dwells into money while analyzing those topics

What do you think is missing in Dhan blog - blog.dhan.co/

I don’t even remember dhan blog existed (not trollin’) though i had read it few times. So there is not much exposure to the blog itself. Second if topics aren’t well organized i would never ever get interest to read them (call it OCD or whatever but a well organized topic and presented in easily understandable manner is always appreciated much especially when the person reading doesn’t even know basics in some topics)

How do you discover new content on trading, investing & markets?

Personally my path to finding new stuff is by searching. Whenever i try to understand basic stuff i would end up searching and getting even more. Just for example i read @iamshrimohan Trading Strategy Case Study #4 here and i went down the rabbit hole searching simple trading strategies (that even beginners like me could understand and execute) about short strangle. While searching if these kinda strategies could be automated (like an SIP) i had ended up in @viswaram (i’m hopeful it’s the same person if i’m not wrong) blog where he had wrote about automation using tradingview webhooks. Some of there writings i could follow and some i can’t (main reason being i’m not from technical background which becomes a constraint in some cases say like setting up bot to trade or execute stuff automatically). TL;DR: Searching more with basic terms will take you to depths.

3 Likes

yep. thankyou for reading my article. :pray:

2 Likes

Nothing regular. I usually read on a need to know basis. If there is something that I need to do and for that I need to learn I read.

I won’t be the right person to comment on this… :grimacing:

By being part of forums like Dhan community, youtube etc

1 Like

@ValueInvestor0 this helps! Thank you for curating this list!

Planning to come up with video series for the same to cover more in detail! Stay tuned!

1 Like

Would be looking forward to video(s). It is really helpful for understanding stuff visually if you could come up with video series & cover such topics. I went through some pre-built options strategy videos by Dhan on YT. But if explained even more with details like when a strategy could be used and how to make a particular strategy even more effecient and effective, and what could be even tried out (maybe due to regulatory reasons you might not say exact example but i don’t think asking viewers for finding alternates or what could be tried out goes against any regulation or deems as financial advise) further videos would be even more interesting.