Placing SL directly on Tradingview chart is failed due to trigger Price & Limit price are same

When we place SL on Tradingview chart , it is failed due to value of trigger price and limit price are same by default, Kindly rectify it asap.

2 Likes

Yes, Other brokers either allow the same price trigger or keep 1 tick offset in prefilled price.

Either way it should be fixed, and should require minimum manual intervention while placing SL.

2 Likes

Hi @ozerio @RajeshK

We have this feedback noted. We’ll surely explore the possibilities to add difference in trigger & limit price. Thankyou.

2 Likes

very much in need… notify us whenever u guys rectify it…

Is it very difficult to implement?
because I am checking the same with another platforms which also order from charts using TV.
They have already a .5 different into both prices.

I hope you guys also, look into it

Hi @onkar,

We have already reported the difference of Trigger and Limit price to TradingView.

Just for your information, we are on the latest library of TradingView.

Is this is justification for not having this little feature, you are on latets verison of TV library?

Worldwide same trigger price is allowed , even in india some brokers allow it.

Hi @ozerio @RajeshK @onkar @Varsha777,

We would like to inform you that the requested feedback regarding the difference between trigger and limit price has been updated. You can place stoploss limit order from charts now.

Keep contributing to the Dhan Community :slight_smile:

2 Likes

At last,
better late than never. :pray:

yupp… thanks for correcting it. Appreciating it :partying_face: :tada:

it would have been much better if you have given the settings for how much spreads we want between trigger price & limit order’s price. (currently it’s just 5 paisa)

i want custom user settings for it coz in volatile market triggering order & placed the same order at just 5 paisa or 1 tick away is not helpful at all. it can or it will stay as unexecuted limit stoploss order… so if i want to treat it as market stoploss (Obviously exchange doesn’t allow trigger market order i know hence we usually place a little lower bid then the current market price for our stoploss order & make or treat it as market order)

e.g. if you say i buy an option or stock at 100 i kept stoploss trigger at 95. (currently it will place an limit order at 94.95 , so let’s say in volatile market if my SL trigger at 95 like with a fraction of seconds 97 to 93 my SL won’t even execute it will stay as limit order at 94.95 if price fall & doesn’t recover in time.

So my suggestion is for those who want to treat it as market order let them decide how much spread they want when they click + & place order through it. (like in this case i want 5 or 3 rs down as limit order then my triggered price so i can set 3 points or 300 ticks or something similar to it in my user settings.) hope you got the problem in current scenario & will try to resolve it at earliest.

@Sameet @Poornima @PravinJ @Naman please address this issue. half work done. (i appreciate it :tada:) but half remaining/pending…and problem is the remaining one can be really dangerous in some situation. please consider my suggestion so we can use Simple & quick SL order through charts & trade worry free.

Hi @Varsha777,

Thankyou for sharing a valuable suggestion, we have this feedback to increase the default stoploss range. We’ll surely explore the possibilities to improve your trading experience with us.