(Resolved) Banknifty Chart not loading old candles

I have a layout where I track 3 charts in the same layout. Call/Put on the top and the BNF/Nifty50 Index on the bottom. Since last few days, I noticed that the index chart doesnt load more than around 320-385 candles depending on the kind of time frame we select. On 5 minutes time frame, we are basically reduced to candles worth just around a week. In a single chart layout, I do not find any such limitation and index 5min charts load candles going back many many months. This is quite odd, and while this is not super critical for me right now as I’ve taken a break from trading, this would affect the way I would normally trade intraday and/or scalp.

At the risk of sounding stupid, broke my head over this for over an hour and then solved it within minutes of posting it here.

I had set volume indicator on the index chart and the symbol was the BNF Dec FUT. I was checking BPCL DEC FUT on another tab and the indicator on this chart changed to BPCL and that resulted in this glitch.

I have noticed that if I’m checking multiple symbols on different tabs and different layouts, on reopening the browser, all the tabs show the same symbol although the saved layout itself doesnt change. The glitch I experienced today seems like an extension of this.

Please look into this.

Hi @SKumar

Good to see you after a while

As discussed over the call, we have recommended you remove the volume indicator from the Index chart and try it as of now. We will optimize this to enhance your experience.

Furthermore, the charts autosave the last symbol opened and will save your changes after every 30 seconds.