(Resolved) Margin benefit for Option buying not reflected properly

Hello,
I’m a new user on Dhan and pretty much satisfied using the app. However I can’t use the 50% margin benefit as advertised for option buying.

Let’s say, I have 25L cash equivalent collateral and 10L cash in my account. If I buy options worth 6L, then it is utilizing full cash and next day the opening balance is showing as 4L. But instead of 6L, if I buy options worth 14L, then instead of using the margin money, the opening balance next day is becoming -4L and the margin is showing as completely free. In principle, I could buy 20L worth of options, where 10L will be used from margin leaving still 15L free. But in practice, all the difference of -10L is being put as negative ledger balance next day.

I waited for one day, just to see whether the negative ledger balance gets adjusted with the margin available, but it didn’t happen. Additionally I was charged interest for that day, in spite of no negative entry in the ‘due column’ in the margin statement.

I raised the issue with the customer care and was told that the system preferentially first uses cash (which is fine) and later adjusts with the available margin (which is not happening in reality). I would like to request you to kindly look into this feature in your system.

Regards,
Saptarshi Mandal

@sapta99 We have fixed this, do check out this post.

Thanks for your reply. I can verify it in my account only after trimming down some positions.

Any chance that the debit of ~247 on -5L negative Opening balance could be waived off, which happened in the last week?

Regards,
Saptarshi

@sapta99 I’ll forward your case to the concerned dept for this, they will connect back with you. Please share your UCC over DM!