(Responded) Dhan application sync with Dhan web portal

Hi Team and @PravinJ ,

Today after closing a position on Dhan Web, I happened to check The Dhan mobile application after a couple of hours. The position was still open and was live with a heavy loss. Upon restarting the application the position got updated.

Dhan mobile application should have automatically been updated as the position closed, but the position was still live even after hours of closing the position.

Dhan Web and Dhan mobile application shall be in sync with each other which does not seem to be.

Please look into this discrepancy.

Thanks.

2 Likes

hi @priyank87 Good to see you back after a while.

Please note that when the application (any mobile application) is in background - apps disconnect from data and live streaming of information is stopped. This isn’t just with Dhan app, but with any app.

When you reopened the Dhan app, it will take moment for it to connect with internet and sync with your actual status at that time. Or you can simply refresh the app to sync up at your will.

Trust this helps, you can replicate this with any app.

2 Likes

@PravinJ , Appreciate your quick response.

I completely agree that applications in the background gets disconnected from data.

But in this case the fact that the app showing the position in a loss even after closing the position with a gain on Dhan Web 2 hours ago and still ongoing increase in the loss with the price updation with the app being in idle mode for 2 hours explains that the application was getting refreshed and was receiving live data from the exchanges in the background which kept the position active converting gains to loss. If the app was to disconnect itself from data, it would have frozen the position and would have not reversed the gains.

My concern is that since the app was updating the price data from the exchanges, why could it not update the close of the position 2 hours ago from the Dhan Web.

1 Like

Hi @priyank87,

Request you to help us with your registered details via DM so we can review your specific case with our team.

Hi @Renvick_Austin @PravinJ the glitch is still present. Delayed

Hi, i have pinged your DM, but no reply,

I have also received a call from Dhan while I was already holding one call, When i called back, i couldn’t get through to anyone,

i have pinged the chat support regarding the call and ask them to call back, they replied saying there have no record with them of me having any issues open. so no call back was arranged.

How to take this forward, the chart Lagging problem is bugging me so much… i don’t observe this lag in chart during the evening in commodity market. FYI