Unable to understand values of column from api-scrip-master.csv

Hi All,

I am new to Dhan API Trading, when i downloaded the api-scrip-master.csv , i am unable to understand what the below column represents and what the value stands for.
SEM_SERIES
SEM_EXCH_INSTRUMENT_TYPE
SEM_INSTRUMENT_NAME
SEM_SEGMENT

For example: ES,DBT,DEB,MF,ETF,CB,SGB,InvITU,GB,PS,Other,TB,REIT,EQ are the values present under SEM_EXCH_INSTRUMENT_TYPE when SEM_INSTRUMENT_NAME is “EQUITY”, i dont understand what these values mean.

Similarly the other mentioned column tooo. I couldn’t find any definition or full form in the API documentation Annexure page.

Q2: Also when hitting the historical API endpoint, we need to pass exchangeSegment in the request Body, but from where or how do i get this NSE_EQ. I know this is mentioned in Annexure but how to derive this value dynamically, since there is no column in api-scrip-master file. Should I generate this value manually based on the symbol that I am trying to retrieve data for ??

"exchangeSegment":"NSE_EQ",

Can someone help me with this. Thanks in advance.

@Hardik @Divyesh

Hello @lakshmi.s

Welcome to Dhan Community!

SEM_SERIES - Series in which the instrument is as per exchange. You can refer to the list here - NSE
SEM_EXCH_INSTRUMENT_TYPE - This is how instruments are categorised by exchange, can be ignored here.
SEM_INSTRUMENT_NAME - Instrument name mapped for API Input - here
SEM_SEGMENT - C - Currency, D - Derivatives, E - Equity, I - Index and M - Commodity

On the second part, yes this is not on Security ID master. You can keep a logic at your end based on SEM_EXM_EXCH_ID and SEM_INSTRUMENT_NAME