Virtual contract note

Please add Feature for virtual contract note to Dhan. I can see Dhan team has already replied to this query before stating that just because their competitors have a feature does not mean they will copy it or some similar answers like that but please hear me out once why a virtual contract note is necessary for a Trader :-

(1) It lets us know the cost and stops us from overtrading. As we know people who take it as business will make money instead of people who take trading as a gambling. To run a business we must know the cost of business.

(2) we have to wait till around 10 PM in evening to get to know what we have actually earned while we have closed our pc at 3:30 PM.

(3) providing the charges upfront will stop us from converting our already profited day into a loss (Red) day

1 Like

Hi @himan718 Firstly welcome to the MadeForTrade community.

Managing Risk is core to trading - we completely agree here and it has come up multiple times in all interactions that we have had with traders.

For this reason - we have built from scratch Trader’s Controls which has most comprehensive coverage of these tools, including ones that you specifically mentioned - Overtrading & Losing money. Secondly, for estimating transaction charges and beyond that also stating what is the break-even point on every trade - Dhan has introduced Transaction Estimator as early has November 21, full details here - Now Live on Dhan - Transaction Estimator

I would like to believe that Dhan was possibly the first broker to bring an Transaction Estimator that provides complete breakdown of charges, later we saw this adapted by many other platforms, including a regulatory mandate that made all stock platforms to display charges on order placement window.

Coming to specific feature you mentioned, we still feel there is little merit in providing a feature like this, specially because another platform has it; in our case where the purpose and objectives behind it are solved fully and comprehensively on Dhan.

We are not in a race to match every competition feature by feature, no platform can do that. We build products based on usage of our features, insights and interactions with traders and investors.

For past 9 to 12 months we have spent lots of time and resources in improving speeds of order execution, scaling up our infrastructure and build core trading and investing features and capabilities; and our journey continues to be same. I hope this explains

Thank you for the quick reply Pravin. as stated earlier, I totally Understand Team Dhan’s Point on not wasting time on things that Management does not find useful based on their assessment but Let me explain why I am saying why this feature is needed in Dhan based on my Experience as I have been using Dhan app Everyday since June 2023. I am an Option Trader and as We Know in Options Trading we have to take decision as early as Possible. Specifically, me being an option Buyer let me point out Why Transaction Estimator is not useful for me. As you can see Transaction Estimator is available here before I take the trade and not after I close the Trade. Secondly as I am taking Trading as a serious business hence I do not prefer Mobile app and just use tv.dhan.co to Place orders and there is no Transaction Estimator on this URL.

In the Image added above you can see there is no transaction estimator on TV Dhan Co

1 Like

Here is the Image on Transaction Estimator Which I have taken from Previous Conversation of team Dhan explaining how to use Transaction Estimator but even in this Pic you can clearly see this is here before a Trader Places a trade but as I stated earlier as an Option Buyer we do not have even a second to go back and check estimated cost as every second is very important in options Trading .

Lastly

Here is the Pic of me visiting Brokerage Calculator - Calculate Delivery / Intraday Brokerage Charges | Dhan
where lets suppose even if I want to use Transaction estimator after the Trade has been finished and I want to check how much I actually earned after broker charges and Taxes you can see there is no option to do such thing. It just asks me to Log in to site and once I did log in it takes me to web dhan co index/home

So that means there is no Transaction estimator after the trade has been Completed. I know maybe you are not going to give this feature as I can see previous request by other traders have also got the same reply which I got but as I said earlier I am using Dhan since June 2023 everyday so believe me this is a Much needed Feature which Every Option Buyer need from Dhan. Please look into this matter if possible.

Virtual Contract Note is a very useful feature. However, as for Transaction Estimator, I have not once in all these years have clicked. It is clunky and time consuming.