What does financial independence mean to you?

We all have different definitions and approaches to financial freedom but what’s similar is the end goal. No matter how you do it, the key is to love what you do! (Be it your active or passive income)

The real question is how you would evaluate your financial independence while keeping your dream lifestyle in mind?

In one of our recent blogs, we have written about financial independence and how to achieve it.

We’d love to know your thoughts on financial independence - Is it possible to achieve it? Can you live a fulfilling life while pursuing your financial independence? :point_down:

4 Likes

@Anirudha @shraddha @pavz @RahulDeshpande @encore What do you think?

Money can’t buy everything. Money is not the solution to all problems. But for all other things we need money…:sweat_smile:

As long as wealth is acquired without sacrificing sleep, health, relationships and without hurting someone, money is likely to have a positive impact on experiences.

Financial freedom for me is the freedom to choose what I do next. There is no shortage of hope that I can get there. Currently I am pursuing derivative trading, business and engineering to get there. Hopefully with my philosophy to buy things based on utility value and not vanity value my income is going to tower over my expenditure and I will gain my freedom in the not so distant future.

3 Likes

Financial independence for me - Chill and laugh with my family, no work pressure and deadlines, do fitness, sleep 8-9hrs, roam with friends, eat street food, watch movies and series and drink lots of water.

Left my tech job in 2021. Built an automatic online money minting business. Trading is my side gig. 2-3 confirmed high volume trades per week. I’m at peace🧘

4 Likes

Curious about this! :eyes:

@shraddha - I create and sell cloud computing courses. I help prepare candidates for various cloud certification exams (e.g. AWS). I need to update content once every six months if there are syllabus changes.

Trading - Last 2 years loss and learnt hard way. Lost arround 2L. I was ready to loose that much. I have 2 male registered accounts on Dhan. One for charts (this one) and another for purely execution. I’ve now become a more confident & profitable trader in last 6 months. All thanks to Dhan features and tech.

3 Likes

Work hard when you are still young

Create multiple / consistent streams of income.

Quit 9 to 5 job when all the above is done :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes