What does open sell mean in tax report

Hi

I was checking my tax report and i see open sell section
What does that mean?

Is this a short sell?
I don’t think this is a short sell. I don’t think doing and short sell on birlasoft. Even if it is a short sell it should be eventually bought back and should be in intraday section i guess. I am not sure

Also how come this has no buy price? Why only sell price? Buy price is zero and sell is something my net p and l for this became total sell value. My CA is getting mad😂 looking at this. Please help

Hi @NoobTrader,

We are currently optimizing our tax report. In the meantime, you can refer to the profit & loss statement.

Hi @Poornima
Thanks for the quick reply. Do you accept this is a bug/mistake in the tax statement report?

@NoobTrader Open Sell values reflect only when you sell something from your portfolio which is not netted off with a corresponding Buy leg. It could exist because of the following reasons

1. Off Market Transfer
  2. Corporate Action
  3. IPO
  4. Selling of stocks acquired via Physical Delivery of FnO

To check your case further, request you to share your UCC over DM, I’ll get this checked at my end!

Hi @iamshrimohan

DMed you. Please check

Even I am facing same issue of open sell in Tax report from dhan app. can you help me as well?

is your issue resolved?

@kunjdayma Please share your UCC over DM, ill surely get your query resolved

i am also facing the same issue. The open sell is showing my entire invested amount as profit instead of just showing the capital gain as profit. @iamshrimohan.

1 Like

Yes I don’t think the issue is resolved yet. When I raised the issue the open sell was on birlasoft stock.
Now the in the latest tax report I don’t see birlasoft in opensell but I see some other stock.
@iamshrimohan I have dmed you the new report. Could you please check and acknowledge? :slight_smile:

@piyushk Do share your UCC over DM, I’ll get this checked

@NoobTrader Ill check the case

1 Like

Hi @iamshrimohan
Any update on my case?