"Close/exit alert" for open position to separate it from buy/sell order

Ref other posts:

@Dhan Please provide the separate json for closing the open position.

So that it can be saparate from normal buy/sell order.

For example
i buy a future with json already available in dhan.
if i want to close the open future position then i have to send a sell of future , but in case i want to reverse the entry as 2X , then error receive with margin shortage.
To avoid the margin shortage first i can close/exit the trade then entry in another position.

So , request you to please develop the json for closing/exit the position using webhook alerts.

These feature already available in other algo platform like" nextlevelbot"

They are using below syntax. " [{“CLOSE”:“CLOSE”,“TS”:“BANKNIFTY1!”,“E”:“NFO”,“Q”:“2”,“TT”:“SELL”,“P”:“NRML”,“AT”:“DHANHQ”}]

Hello @rubi

Since sell margin is higher than buy margin, you will have to ensure additional margin (1 lot future sell margin - 1 lot future buy margin) in order to ensure that your orders are successfully placed.

If the above condition is met, you will be able to convert your position to short directly with a 2x quantity order JSON.

Hi
Currently I am having an open position in Nifty March Future which gets bought and sold depending on the Tradingview alerts and Dhan Webhook (which is having validity of a month–active).
Will it get rolled to April month Future automatically?
If not, what to do from my end and when?
Please reply as the March expiry is approaching.
Thanks.

Hello @IKJ

We do not have futures rollover on Dhan. In this scenario, you will have to close your March trade and take new position in April Futures contract.

@Hardik Please do consider introducing a rollover button for futures too. That comes in very handy for me.

@thisisbanerjee

Noted. We will assess feasibility on this, and try to incorporate this on product.

1 Like

@Hardik One more feature request, would be exit alerts on a pre-defined monetary P&L. I know that there is a heavy loss alert but that is only for losses. What I would appreciate is a profit alert too and a exit position 1-click execution pop-up. Fyers has done a wonderful job on the same, and it could be used as a reference. Thanks.

Hello @thisisbanerjee

Got it. As per my understanding from provided description, this will be for all positions on Dhan platforms and not just Webhook Orders. Is this correct?

Hi @Hardik Yes, you’re correct.

2 Likes

Thankyou for the quick help.
one doubt is when to do it ?
on expiry day or a day before it?

@IKJ

You can do it on either of the days. For futures contract, TradingView changes rollover charts a day or two prior, you can also do the same to keep a track.