Request for allow to Trade with SL/SLM Order with 2X Qty in Future

Dear Dhan Team,

I wish to bring your attention to missing very basic and important features in platform.

While put SL system not allow to create new positions simultaneously… (Pls ref. Illustration)

Let’s consider i have open 1 lot long positions of Nifty Future @ 19400 and I wish make SL with create new short position @19250… (2 lot for SL, 1 lot for square off long position 2nd for creating new short positions)

As off now, while put SL it’s only allowed to put SL for existing position only i.e only 1 lot, as I wish that while my SL hit it also creates new short positions and therefore I make 2 lots as SL which system not allowed.

Currently, at Dhan having feature of one Click reversal Position. this is different from what I am requesting as Reversal with SLM/SL. Existing features need to observe market on screen, whereas SL/SLM With 2X qty not required on screen observation. This is make senses.

My humble request you to please introduce this basic feature.

1 Like

:+1: In mobile app it is possible to to do 2X SL/SLM orders. However in web it is not allowed as @dvpandya90 pointed out.

2X Orders are needed for stop and reverse kind of strategies. @PravinJ @Dhan_Help please make the order experience in web like the mobile app.

@t7support not even on mobile apps, dhan doesn’t allow to 2x qty order with SL/SLM.

I have been doing this with silver contracts on mcx and mobile app. Not sure about Nifty Future and equity fno segment.

2 Likes

Hi @dvpandya90,

As long as there is sufficient margin, you can modify the stoploss order to 2 lots.

@Sameet Thank you for your response.

It’s not concern about margin. Its order should be allowed with 2X qty with SL/SLM.

As @t7support mentioned it’s allowed in Commodity on Mobile application only, not on web. Whereas same feature doesn’t allowed in on Equity Futures.

@Sameet @Dhan_Help @PravinJ Request you to please look into it and do needful for equity futures as well, in web and mobile application.

@sameet even if there is margin it is not allowed in web.

Hi @t7support @dvpandya90.

While squaring off from position tab, it validates the total quantity open for a specific contract/scrip and this works fine with web. For app, we will update the same concept soon.

In such scenario, can place a stop-loss from the order window, which will let you enter more than the open quantity according to your requirement.

@Sameet No it doesn’t. If you come for an online meet I can show that the web doesn’t allow us to place a stop order with 2x open quantity.

Hi @t7support,

I got your point and have internally discussed it with our team. The current web process is correct as it restricts squaring-off beyond the total quantity (open). In the upcoming app build, it will also prevent you from increasing the quantity beyond the open position. In such scenario, we can place the exit order from the fresh order window.

Please don’t do this. For stop and reverse kind of strategies we need to place SL at 2x open quantity.

2 Likes

@Sameet this is very basic feature. And it doesn’t have any risk for brokers if allowed to square off with 2x SL/SLM Order.

@t7support, It seem that @Sameet have not understood. Pls explain to him. What difficulties are facing for placing such Reversal order independently if it prevents.

This will require 2x margin for single lot order, Trading slippages will increased, Losing of opportunities in market. When market going against.

no solution got so far. dhan is just not allowing to reverse positions via algo. seems change in broker is the only solution

@Dhan @Dhan_Help @PravinJ

Request you to please consider above mentioned feature. Same feature is allow to trade in Commodities but not in equity derivative.

Looking forward positively reply.

Dear Dhan team, @Sameet @PravinJ

whether any possibility to allow order with SL/SLM order with 2X qty ? If so please confirm.

currently the hack I deploy is this

First place SL / SLM orders with 1X quantity. Then go to orders and modify the order to have 2X quantity.

1 Like

@t7support hack not working for NFO, even existing one click reversal feature do not allow to reverse without having 2X margin. by the way thank you @t7support.

I could not understand 2X Sl/SLM some how allowed for Commodity but not for NFO. lt it go…

@Dhan Thank you. it was pleasure to have an experience. Not required to have all experiences is good, sometimes bad is require to keep moving forward in life.

Thank you.