Hi there,

I’m a Zerodha power user, and currently trying out Dhan since about 2 weeks. Here is my honest feedback.

Firstly, I must say I was really satisfied with Zerodha. Their support was awesome, never let me down, and knowledgeable about most of the things including complex questions about F&O Margins. The only reason I even explored another broker was that they had a separate ledger for Commodity, which led to a lot of wasted capital (as one needs to keep some buffer in both equity and commodity). Plus, their commodity segment didn’t support pledging. NOTE: This is going to change soon, I’ve heard, and they will merge both the segments.

Now, coming to the feedback. Dhan’s marketwatch is simply many leagues ahead, it has shortcuts for commonly used things (e.g. Bank Nifty Futures, Axis Bank Futures etc.) and one would not need to keep on adding those things by hand in marketwatch. Also, the app is stunningly beautiful, with eye pleasing color schemes, and every pixel is well thought of.

Dhan’s API is free, whereas Zerodha charges about 2k/month. Now that I am using Dhan more and more, any chance to get the data API for free (I heard earlier power users used to get it, will be great…). While we’re at it, would love to get the Dhan’s trader kit gift as well :slight_smile:

Reliability wise, Zerodha had very occasional outages, but they were well documented on twitter and their team was on it and usually transparent. I guess Dhan would be in similar range here.

One thing where Zerodha scores big, is the reporting features. I tried exporting my tax reports from Dhan, and was very disappointed. There was no preset time filter for “This financial year, last financial year” etc. Those are super useful. Plus the report was very very basic.

Another small feedback: from the positions page, if you click on any open position, you will see tons of things about that position, but you won’t see the day’s % change and the latest price on it. e.g. in this screenshot, how do I see what is the price change since yesterday?

And if you happen to click on “exit position”, then the order window pops up but there is no provision to see the market depth here, which means one need to keep on switching between different windows to get that info. Hope such things can be added soon.

Rest, I will update once I use the platform more.

thanks

1 Like

Hi @R.E.M

Firstly thanks for the detailed feedback and spending time to share this. We are early in our journey, and compared to some of the large players we feel we are getting just started.

Let me answer few of your comments one by one :slight_smile:

1. If you are a Commodity Trader, request you to please go through the detailed post on overall Commodity Trading experience on Dhan: Commodity Trading Experience on Dhan - Simple, Smooth, & Seamless!

2. Overall note on Margins across Dhan, specially for those trading in multiple segments and exchanges: Full post: Margin Benefits & Pledge Shares Experience for Trading on Dhan

3. We are further improving MarketWatch across all platforms, starting with Mobile soon. While I say soon, this is still few months away, but definitely on the cards as we have more insights on how users are using data, analytics and insights while they trade.

4. Dhan APIs are charged minimally just to avoid they getting misused. If you are an API trader, our responses times, and mostly importantly order execution times have improved a lot in the past 100 days. A detailed post on that will soon be published.

5. Trading Kit, let me know do I get one myself :slight_smile:. while I may not by lucky about this, I am guessing many traders will be :wink:

6. Yes, we had our share of hiccups as we scaled up, we also wrote about this and made reliability, speed, scaling up our most important priority for 2024. We published our focus for the year here: Focus 2024: Upcoming Features on Dhan for Traders & Investors

7. Broking is a complex product and we just got started. Its also a vast domain, so we choose to focus on trading experience. We have improved our reports and overall structure, however there is more work to be done here and we will continue in that direction.

8. Manage Positions will get a % on P&L soon, starting with Mobile App. We noticed many users have the contracts on their watchlist that they keep in background for DoD change; similarly for Order Placement window. Hence we have enabled this on Mobile Order Placement window, or if you choose to place orders on Web via side-screen Order Window.

Look forward to your suggestions, we continue building based on what we keep hearing from our users.

1 Like