Make Forever order (gtt) Simple

Hello,
It’s very important
It’s very sorry to said that Dhan is very complicated. When I try to place a forever(gtt) Equity delivery order I wondered how complicated these people developed that option. I compare it with upstox that I was previously using and request you to do these improvements.

1. In Upstox when we place a Equity delivery gtt order,
    the first option they show is in which price you needed to buy that gtt order. That means I can make a ‘Limit’ price there. That means I can enter the price that the order needs to be triggered.

2. Second option they are giving to enter a stoploss. But 'Trailing stoploss ’ is also possible. Trailing stoploss is not available in Dhan for equity Delivery forever order.

3. Next they told us to enter Target. After entering that I can directly place the gtt order.

How simple it is. (Screenshot attached)

a) But in Dhan we can’t place gtt (Forever) order directly in Equity delivery as in Upstox. We can only place a normal order and can convert it in to a forever order.

b) The next annoying thing in Dhan is we need to wait one more day to convert normal order to Forever one. We need to wait untill the stock comes to our demant account something like that.

c) Trailing stoploss is not available for Equity delivery forever order in Dhan. Its available in Upstox

In my previous post I already said that a lot of people from Kerala changing to other applications due to Dhan’s complications. These topics already getting discussed in Kerala Stock Market community groups. Please consider my request to make Forever order simple like in Upstox in the next update itself.

3 Likes

Hi @ruby619 Dhan has Forever Orders - you can add this to any of the existing holdings of your portfolio. For place Target and Stop Loss, you can use Forever Orders with OCO.

We prefer to keep Order Placement experience extremely simpler and do not want to complicate the experience with too many options or choices. The functionality of Target / Stop Loss can be easily achieved with Forever Orders and these features are extremely popular with Swing traders.

We aim to further simplify the overall order placement experience in coming days.

Additionally, we have this feedback, request to not post duplicate posts of same. It becomes extremely difficult for us to manage it that way + we have now moderation bots in place that will mark account as spam.

Sir,

In other applications we can place direct forever order. But in Dhan we need to place a order first then wait till it comes to demat account then only we can place a forever order. It’s annoying and difficult for swing traders like me. Today I also understand that same problem already discussed here about one year ago and you still not make any improvements. A lot of discussion about the same issue happens in Kerala Stock market Facebook groups. If you need the proof I will send it.

And I didn’t try to spam. I just write it multiple times just to keep your attention.