Pledging of Mutual fund

Dear Dhan Team,

When you gonna launch this feature so that we can pledge our mutual fund?

It’s long awaited feature and have in all broker

1 Like

Hi @peeruverma09,

We have launched Mutual funds very recently on Dhan. We have user feedback for Mutual fund. This requires a change in the format of MF offered on Dhan (SOA vs Demat). We have this on our list of things to do this year.

2 Likes

Hey @JayK @PravinJ We have already asked for this feature a long back. See the below post.

Got the same reply than aswell as now.
Things which should have high priority is taking time. Its relatively more important. As it directly affect options sellers.

2 Likes

Even I am receiving the same reply past 3-4 months

Dhan is not taking this matter seriously

2 Likes

Yes agree. I have seen threads going on from last few months and no strict timeline is provided. At least provide some timeline.

3 Likes

Hi @peeruverma09 & @amitranj ,
We understand your eagerness for the pledge feature for Mutual Funds. It’s indeed an important aspect for many of our investor & traders, especially those who are active in trading.

Rest assured, we’re actively working on incorporating this feature into Dhan. While we can’t provide a specific timeline just yet, please know that it’s on our radar & we will be delivering it as soon as possible.

Appreciate your patience !

Thanks,
Saurav Parui

1 Like

still pending na

Just so everybody knows, you can expect Dhan to be live with MF pledge either by the end of Q2 or by the start of Q3, if their product testing goes well.

Even I am in need of MF pledge, but I have realised over the past couple of weeks, that not many brokerages can provide the level of technology and service that Dhan provides.

I have decided its better to wait until Dhan launches MF pledge and once it is launched, there is no looking back.

I am sure eventually Dhan will not only address all these gaps but also bring value to the table over the next 1-2 years, leaving most brokerages behind in terms of tech. To the moon. :rocket:

1 Like

Indeed Dhan is best brokers but this is much needed feature for gaining extra return for traders.

Liquid ETF have price variance in buying and selling but money market fund have nothing just buy it and pledge it.

apart from this if you want if you invest 50 lac in money market fund @ 7% you will get 350000 interest PA in IDCW scheme monthly around 29000 which you can invest in stock or equity mutual fund.

That’s why I am consistently asking for this feature may be this is irritating for them but still I will ask every week.

1 Like

(posting here what i posted on other thread)

I appreciate that Dhan team is improving MF platform and adding different features and improving it further.

But one major complaint/issue that i heard from at least 2-3 persons (who wants to use Dhan but not using it) regarding Dhan and why they’re not choosing Dhan as there goto platform while speaking about different broker platforms and there advantages and disadvantages and bouquet of services offered by them was “Dhan doesn’t offer pledging MFs for margins unlike xyz platform offers and take advantage for F&O trading”.

Personally i’m not trading in F&O or using Dhan’s instant pledge and get margin facility for my benefit (so not an issue for me). But when i want to pro actively propagate Dhan to someone else who trades very often then that feature shouldn’t have been biggest disadvantage preventing them from choosing Dhan for trading.

So kindly i request Dhan MF and F&O platform development team to place the feature where MF units could be pledged for margins into higher priority and try to implement it as soon as possible.

(I even tried luring them saying one could buy and pledge GOI bonds for there purpose. But from taxation , liquidity & from compounding point of view it doesn’t make much sense to buy individual bonds and use them).

1 Like