Introducing Fast Watchlist: Now Build Watchlists on Dhan - 10X Faster!

Dear Traders & Investors,

From the time that we launched Dhan, all of us have been on a single task - build an incredible Investing & Trading platform for our users.

We continue to get suggestions and feedback from our users, and there have been times that it has taken us a while to get the experience right on Dhan. Iā€™m sure many of you have made this request - how to build my watchlist quickly, especially those users who were trading and investing on other platforms before they shifted to Dhan. This feature is built grounds up for all of those who use watchlists as an indispensable part of their trading and investing journey.

Introducing Fast Watchlist:

Today, for market trackers - weā€™re thrilled to introduce a new and exciting addition to our platform: Fast Watchlist.

Fast Watchlist takes the convenience of traditional watchlists to the next level by offering pre-defined or ready-made options to choose from. Itā€™s like having a curated selection of Indices and Options at your fingertips - and works superbly well for all types of users on Dhan - Investors, Traders and also Options Traders.

Simply select from readymade lists or add them all ā€“ the power is in your hands! Fast Watchlist takes the hassle out of manual selection, giving you more time to focus on what matters ā€“ making informed investment and trading decisions.

How it Works:

Now, instead of manually selecting individual scripts, you have the option to choose the entire list of scripts or multiple scripts based on your preference from a predefined list of Indices and Options. This feature allows for a quicker and easier selection of scripts, making tracking more efficient.

Hereā€™s how to use Fast Watchlist:

1. Creating a New Watchlist:
  • Go to Watchlist > Watchlist settings and select ā€œCreate New Watchlist.ā€
  • An Empty Watchlist will be created, select ā€œFast Select fromā€ Indices or Options Chain.
  • List of scrips will be displayed > Select the scripts you wish to add.
  1. Using Existing Watchlists:
  • Access your existing watchlists and tap the add icon at the bottom.
  • In the search bar, select "Fast add fromā€ Indices or Options Chain
  • List of scripts will be displayed, scripts already part of your watchlist will be pre-selected. Pick the scripts you wish to track

And the scripts will be added to your watchlist instantly. Yes, it is that simple. This enhancement allows for a faster and more convenient process of selecting and tracking scripts.

Note - The fundamental principles of a watchlist remain unchanged; you can monitor up to 100 scripts in a single watchlist. And on Dhan, you get 10 watchlist + 1 bonus to track your investments automatically. Yes - that is 1000+ stocks and scrips to be tracked on Dhan, and made available to you across all our platforms - Dhan, Options Trader and TradingView console of Dhan.

This feature is rolled out to all our users on Dhan App, and will be soon extended to Options Trader app as well.

We canā€™t wait for you to try Fast Watchlist and elevate your trading & investing experience.

Happy Investing & Trading!
Mahima Shah
Product @Dhan

6 Likes

100 scrips per watchlist so in total 1000 scrips but as an swing trader my watchlist have nearly 1900 scrips.

1 Like

Will 1900 be enough?

Bro use scanners. It is not possible to manually check 1900 stocks.

Sir its 100% possible as i am an swing trader and my strategy is different. Scanner canā€™t read candlestick price action so i am scanning each stock manually on tradetiger (an charting software) and place price alerts, when price hit my alert. I do analysis on that particular stock and plan accordingly. My schedule is scanning whole nse scrips on friday (evening) to sunday. But main problem with tradetiger is local based software. Where as dhan is an online based platform. So anywhere it can show the chart markings. But due to limitation on watchlist scrips on dhan it is not possible to track whole NSE scrips.

1 Like

Hi @MahimaShah I have a request to please add all the available NSE indices/ Major indices, As of now we can only add scripts from f/o indices but what if i want to track non f/o indices scripts or a particular sector like nifty it or nifty auto etc. please add these indices as well so we can add stocks from these indices as well.

Hi @Nitinjawla

We will surely evaluate your feedback and take it into consideration for future implementation

Thanks,
Mahima
Product @ Dhan

For how long have you been doing this?

Are you able to trade & make money after that screening or scanning of 1900 stocks?

I am an gtf trader. We gtf traders can do anything.

If you say so :pray:

But, I believe it is foolish & useless to track all listed stocks. Some doesnā€™t even have liquidity.

The only off time a trader gets after hectic battle with markets is the weekend. But if you were to struggle or stick to screen without taking off time or relax. I would say, what is the point of having money & for whom are you earning it for?

Anyway it is a personal choice. I wish you good luck.

Thank you for your concern. I really appreciate itā€‹:heart:. But we as gtf traders clearly knows each price action in details. Our way of research is totally different so we know how to tackle with low volume stocks or high volume. Arun sir (GTF) is the word i am sure you havenā€™t heard that is why you are surprised that 1900 stocks can be tracked so easily and without help of any scanner. And lastly we do not seat infront of screen all day :joy:

Yeah I get it. Youā€™re doing swing trading.

Stick to one statement.

You say that you spend entire weekend to scan from friday evening to sunday.
But yet again, you changed it completely in latest comment.

I know that it is easy to scan 1900 or 1 lakh stocks using a scanner. But you said, youā€™re doing it manually.

So many contradicting statements.

High volume is or would never be an issue :slightly_smiling_face:

Once arun sir told me you canā€™t satisfy others. I know now why sir has given this statement. Anyways i donā€™t want to continue this conversation. I have shared my suggestions/views with team dhan. So if you have further any query you may contact team dhan.

Thank you

It would be greate if we can add the stocks 52week high from the scanner and Total Market index

Hi @nx.vijay

We will surely evaluate your feedback

Thanks,
Mahima
Product @ Dhan