Now Live: Import Watchlists via CSV Directly on Charts (tv.dhan.co)

Hello Traders,

At Dhan, we are making trading simpler with easier tracking markets. Watchlists on Dhan have been loved by traders & investors, with options like F&O watchlists, your invested stocks already added as a separate watchlist and even Fast Watchlists (insert link), which lets you create a watchlist of your choice in seconds.

But this is not it. We recently introduced a unique feature - FastScan to Watchlists (insert link). This is being used by all our users to capture their favourite stock and add it directly to your watchlist with your camera. No matter whichever platform you want to copy your watchlist from, it is possible with this unique feature simply by scanning the same.

Today, we are adding a feature (simple and most requested), which will simplify adding watchlists directly to your charts.

Introducing: Import Watchlists directly on TradingView Charts.

This has been a long requested feature on Dhan, to add an option and import watchlists via CSV directly on Charts. Now, you can seamlessly import any .csv, .txt or .xlsx file on tv.dhan.co and add it as a watchlist.

Check out how to import your watchlist seamlessly:

You need to go to User Settings > Charts > Import to Watchlist and then select the file that you want to import.

Not just this, you can also add a list of stocks and paste it on charts, to import all of it into a new watchlist.

With this, we have opened up Dhan TradingView Charts, where you can now import your existing watchlists from other platforms directly on your favourite charting platform.

@trust_level_0

As we keep on further enhancing charts and trading experience on Dhan, we would love to know your views and suggestions on this.

Happy Trading!

– Hardik
Product

9 Likes

@Ninaad @luv @TraderPJ @TraderX @chandan_mahata @Ballari @Sanjay_Lunayach @Roshni_Basantani @XSUPERMANX363 @Triloki_Singh @tradata @Vikas.Y @caopk @Lobster346 @Champion_Trader @t7support @Sammy @Omjie_Prassd @Yashwant_Tripathi @utsavmadaan823 @amish @Abhay_Thakur we have an exciting update for you!

4 Likes

Hi @Hardik,

As we use this feature, is it going to increase our number of watchlists beyond 7 too?

We have 10+1 (invested) watchlists on Dhan. You could go beyond 7 watchlist on Dhan.

Ohh Okay! I thought Dhan had 7 WL. So, was bit apprehensive in creating more lest it delete my older WLs.

Thanks for confirmation!

1 Like

Awesome :star_struck: :star_struck: Everything is working smoothly, and it’s impressive to see how quickly Dhan is making improvements.

I’d like to suggest adding an option on tv.dhan.co that allows users to transfer stocks from one watchlist to another, similar to the feature available on Dhan web. This would make it much easier to move quality stocks from an imported watchlist of filtered picks to my main watchlist :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

The speed of improvements has really picked up again in H2 of this year. Appreciate the speed at which the development on ‘need-to-have’ features is progressing.

With the MF pledge, the offering comes to a full stack brokerage. With the last piece remaining, Dhan will probably be the only brokerage which will offer everything.

Keep up the great work.

4 Likes

Nice, Thanks. Please also increase the number of watchlists from 10 to atleast 20.

Watchlist scrolling aur sahi ho jaye bas :crazy_face:

1 Like

Until you let us allow to add more than 10 watchlist, this feature may not create great impact.
we need more watchlists… at least 20.
Just think if I trade 3 strategies I need primary watchlist which will be used to filter out particular stock to main list.
this will need six watchlist. positional trading and expiry trading require 4 watchlist. 10 watchlist over.

@Hardik @PravinJ
Please add an option to import watchlists via CSV on the Dhan web platform as well.
Also, please provide an option to import stocks to the current watchlist.

You don’t need that. Import via TV. Enjoy on web. :crazy_face: Jugaad bro.

Maintaining feature consistency across the platform makes things much smoother.

Currently, here’s how it works:

• For importing, use tv.dhan.co.
  • For flagging, switch to Dhan web.
  • For analyzing charts, switch back to tv.dhan.co (since you can’t jump to the next chart with the down arrow).
  • For alerts, use tv.dhan.co.
  • For placing GTT orders, switch back to Dhan web.

I understand that this workaround works, but it would be much better to have feature consistency across the platforms. That way, we wouldn’t need to keep switching and adapting.

1 Like

@Champion_Trader Apne mein bas consistency honi chahiye. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

How to replace/modify existing watchlists? I need to delete existing one before creating new one.